For a patriotic American, the news is depressing. For a Christian trusting the promises in God’s word, it’s exciting.
The latest news that the U.S. is leaving the Middle East, and General Mackenzie’s admission1 that we don’t have air or sea superiority for the first time anywhere since the Korean War, tempts me to be ashamed of being an American in this day and age.
But the U.S. isn’t a major player in Bible prophecy – at least it’s not mentioned specifically. So it needs to step down as a major power, or at least be sort of subsumed into a one-world governing system. And that never could have happened under an America-loving patriot like President Trump. Where does “Make America Great Again” fit into a one-world government?
Because there must be a central, worldwide government for certain Bible prophecies to occur, a country like ours, with such a large population, powerful economy, and world influence, has to be on board with being an enthusiastic part of the world community, promoting the world coming together and breaking down barriers like borders, religion, currencies, and languages. And with our current government, we are certainly heading that direction.
The progressive agenda supported and advocated (and pushed) by the party currently in power is the same agenda that progressive governments are promoting all over the world. Just like in the U.S., Europe has opened it’s borders in many countries, marginalized religion, legalized or at least allowed immorality, including the deaths of so many unborn and the redefinition of gender and marriage. The most important belief that much of the western world shares is that saying God is the only God is wrong (‘intolerant’ and ‘hate speech’ would be popular alternative terms), and being kind and accepting of everything is what’s important.
This also fits right into the one world religion that must come about once the antichrist and the false prophet rise to power. It’s a belief that can be assimilated into nearly every religion.
(Bible-believing Christians excepted – it’s not a religion, anyway.)
(Another hitch would be extreme Shiite Islam, but the most powerful of those Muslim countries, like Iran and Turkey, will be reduced to negligible powers after the first war of Gog and Magog, which happens before the rise of the antichrist, so they won’t be putting up any barriers to the one-world religion. This includes a stubbornly nationalist Russia.)
Not only does America need a progressive government, but a weak government, if it’s going to fit into it’s likely place in Bible prophecy. And not just the government, but the policies it implements need to weaken the country as a whole: military, economy, education, and, fundamentally (and as I’ve already touched on), morals.
The remarks of General McKenzie are a testimony to our military being kept weak. I mean, look how it was only two years ago, when General Soleimani was just plotting to attack a U.S. embassy – and wham! Iran didn’t bother us for a while.
And now we’re leaving. Their boats hassle us in the straights of Hormuz, their drones take photos of our aircraft carriers, and they send rockets to our air bases on at least a weekly basis. Now we’re negotiating with them. What’s happened? Our government’s policy is to be friends with Iran, which apparently doesn’t entail a strong military presence. (Which we could have, by the way. I mean, we did a year ago.)
I don’t want to go on and on, so I’ll just gloss over the economy, which, as we Americans know, took a big punch when the lockdowns hit. Plus, all of the plans to switch to “green energy,” which will eliminate many current jobs in traditional energy.
As for education… I just sigh. Before the lockdowns hit , when it became hard to get any education at all, actual knowledge being taught to students had dwindled to sad depths. Instead it’s been mandated to teach godless ideologies. Teachers have been given perimeters that they’re increasingly compelled to keep inside of, so students are taught very incomplete pictures of history, English, and science in your average school (in higher and lower education).
And I’ve already touched on morals, which have never been so nearly non-existent in this country.
This state of America of course fits certain passages of Scripture exactly.
Look at 2 Timothy 3:
But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power.
But, regarding America, there are more ticks on the last hour clock than it’s moral decline.
- Our withdrawal from the Middle East means that Israel will be looked to as the most stable power in the region – thus able to make it’s own alliances – ˆˆˆthus having alliances in place which the antichrist can confirm (Daniel 9:27 – “Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering“).
- This will also increase Israel’s position as an influential player, with other countries seeking economic and military deals with them (like the United Arab Emirates, who have invested $10 billion in Israel’s economy2 – after also signing the Abraham Accords).
- Our leaving the Middle East also means that Iran will have more freedom to menace Israel and countries that have alliances with Israel (although Israel does an efficient job taking care of itself even now), which is another step closer to Iran’s allying with Russia and Turkey in attacking Israel in the war of Gog and Magog (Ezekiel 38:6, “Gomer and all its troops; the house of Togarmah and all its troops from the far north“).
- Our recent antagonizing of Turkey has pushed that country closer to an alliance with Russia (these two will need to be allies in the war of Gog and Magog against Israel).
- I’ll quote a larger bit of Ezekiel 38 where he prophesies about this war: ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh3, Meshech, and Tubal. I will turn you around, put hooks into your jaws, and lead you out, with all your army, horses, and horsemen, all splendidly clothed, a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords. Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya are with them, all of them with shield and helmet; Gomer and all its troops; the house of Togarmah from the far north and all its troops...”‘
- Now that we’re withdrawing from the Middle East, and trying to be on good terms with Iran, Russia seems to have become the greatest power in the area, with Turkey going to Russia to ask them to teach Israel a lesson after their latest defensive raids on Hamas in Gaza4, and Hamas asked Russia to request a ceasefire with Israel.5 They’re turning into the police of the Middle East, now. And if Russia is the dominant power there, then once they decide to plunder Israel, the Ezekiel 38 war will not be preventable by anyone but God (who will break all of those countries, and the one world religion will be able to rise with the Antichrist – the Day of the Lord will be in full swing).
It’s mind-blowing to hear the day’s news – to hear these ticks on the last hour clock almost with my own ears!
I have to give a loud shout-out to Behold Israel, the ministry of Amir Tsarfati, as a gold mine of real time information from the Middle East. He lives in Israel, and gets his information practically from the horse’s mouth. Every week he gives a live ‘Middle East Update,’ and I would highly recommend watching the last three, which are on Turkey, America leaving the Middle East, and the battle over Jerusalem. He also has a telegram channel, where he posts lots of updates every day.
I get a lot of my Middle East news from him, as well as TV7 and ILTV channels on YouTube (both are Israeli news sources).
I do want to add that America is not yet completely useless as a tool for good – it appears that until the church is taken out of the way (raptured), the U.S. will still be the most influential country in terms of it being a restraining influence on the depraved state of the world and on God’s judgment, because it is still influential in the world. It is still declining, and faster than ever before, but until the church is taken up, and the Holy Spirit with us, we as a country can still have the largest impact on the world as far as spreading the gospel of Christ and restraining the influence of evil. The impact is lessening, but it’s still there. God’s not done with using the church until He’s done. Then we’re gone, and the world will have no restraint on its God-less ways – and God won’t be restraining His judgment, either.
So, with America in this state – a country in a cooling relationship with Israel, a lessening of international power and prestige, rife with internal struggles and moral decay – I say to myself and to my fellow Americans (and I live in California, not exactly a paragon of liberty and righteousness at the moment), don’t lose heart, because when we look at the Bible, things are actually falling into place.
I’m sad that the pieces require America to decline, and that I’m a part of the generation to see it. But how can I remain depressed, when I see that it fits into God’s timeline to take the church out of here, execute His judgment, and then begin His reign on earth!
If you look at God’s promises, Israel is the loudest tick on the last hour clock, so we can assess America’s place in Bible prophecy by looking at it’s relation to Israel.
- During the battle with Hamas right now, America is not taking Israel’s side – in fact, they are calling for both sides to de-escalate.6
- America has also re-instated aid to the Palestinians, after the previous administration stopped it.
- America leaving the Middle East means we will not be there to defend Israel, as we’ve often done in the past. We’re leaving them to be the only stable country in the area. (But they may enjoy being able to make decisions without us interfering.)
I’ll leave it there, because I could keep updating this post indefinitely, as events keep pouring in!
So, as Americans, what should we do? (Although this question basically applies to everyone.)
The rapture could come any second, with the ticks on the last hour clock so close to midnight, so if you are in Christ, keep spreading the gospel! We need to bring as many people as we can with us to our wedding with our perfect Bridegroom and eternal life!
If you don’t have faith in Christ – why not? The world doesn’t have answers for the chaos, for the loss of America as it used to be. But the Bible does. The Bible is filled with God’s promises, some of which He’s already fulfilled, and some which are definitely close… You can look at the Bible on one hand and current events on the other, and they fit together! The reality is there, and all God says to do is believe it – believe Him!
Keep your eye on the clock! And, if the rapture doesn’t come first, until next time!